So here we go - Crazy Group E will be decided tomorrow starting at 9:55 am ET. To recap:
- Azzurri - any point will secure second round - a win guarantees first (as do many other scenarios)
- USA - Need to Win vs. Ghana and have Italy win - the only way to go through
- Ghana - A win they are in, a tie and Czech win they are in
- Czechs - Win and in, a tie and they need US to win
Headlines leading up to the games:
- A good article highlighting the scenario and match-ups in the USA vs. Ghana game.
- Good interview with Azzurri member of the 1994 Final team, Daniele Massaro, talking 06 Cup.
- Cool post from Lyon (and former Liverpool) manager Gerard Houllier, he targets Pirlo as a man in form.
- Czechs waiting til game time on Baros fitness question.
- Ghana's coach is exuding confidence leading up to his big game. He is still targeting the semi-finals as his goal. SIDENOTE - I would LOVE to see Ghana play Brazil in the next round, and absolute cracker of a game. Shall all the power of TrueAzzurri see to it that this happens!
- Bruce Arena is blowing bubbles up Landon's shorts again....I agree if tomorrow's game is played with 9 men he will again be literally all over the field!