A day after Red Saturday, alot of news and notes. One interesting item is the lack of interest from the rest of the world about the officiating in the game. As is the case with most American sports we are so used to our self interest and conspiracy theories (see the NBA, NFL, etc.) that we forget in the a big Tourney like this 'Stuff' happens. Part of the overall atmosphere, how do you deal with a crazy Uruguayan ref? Buck up, move on.
What was heard about the US:
- Arena is all love and roses now for his boys and speaks of the conspiracy. Still think he's killing the team and is out the minute the Cup is over.
- Keller gives his props to his teamates for their display.
- Allen Hopkins waxes poetic about the 'moral victory', that and a win will get the US through to second round...anyway he continues to describe the upcoming Match against Ghana as a game 7.
- De Rossi is sorry. Well he can think about what he's done until Euro 2008.
- Lippi is a bit more candid about house affairs than ol' Bruce. He's pissed, but he'll let De Rossi know on his own time.
- Lippi thinks the team is built for pressure, and that we will see the best out of the boys on Thursday. That's what he's paid for...hope he's right. Even brings DNA into the equation, that's awesome, he can coach and educate on genetic make-up. Lippi rocks.
- What a surprise the Italian press brings the pain. Hey guys can we wait to judge the boys until we see the sum effort of the Cup? Jokers....
- Perrotta is questionable for the Czech game. Hurt his butt....The interesting note from this is we may see what was thought to be the starting midfield for the first time. Gattusso will start in the middle where De Rossi was, and Camo would come in on the right for the injured Perrotta. Not bad when your replacements were your starters in qualifying.