- Important decision - Italy will wear Azzurri, France to wear Blanc. Italy will have worn the Azzurri in EVERY Cup game...sweet.
- No Nesta in Berlin....center back will miss out with continuing groin problem...am not sure who I am more upset for, myself or him?
- The Wee Man, Del Piero hails 'a dream final'...guess he has put aside his memories of him missing 2 chances to kill off Euro 2000 Final against Barthez and Co.....that's a good thing I suppose. He also thinks France are the favorites because of lack of stress...I think a Cup final evens out the stress department.
- Gigi Buffon can grab a record on his way to grabbing the Cup.
- The boys have shared the wealth, Italy's 11 goals have been scored by 10 different players, and every striker has found the back of the net...fantastic stat.
- The flock has arrived, Italian fans are out in droves watching their boys in blue practice. An item of note in the middle and end of this story:
- Marcello Lippi's men also tried out the new ball that will be used in the FIFA World Cup™ Final.
- Finally Captain Can - Fabio Cannavaro - will get his 100th cap in the Final. He is third all time on Italy's list, behind Paolo Maldini (125 caps) and the great man in goal Dino Zoff (115 caps and '82 Cup winner).